This 5 hour workshop is suitable for pregnant people and their birth partner to prepare for their calm and positive birth together. It will not only cover all the basics of antenatal education and an active, informed birth but give you both the space to prepare as a team and confidently plan for your baby’s birthing day.
The workshop provides evidence based active birth antenatal education, birth positions, birth hormones, hypnobirthing, breathing and relaxation techniques equipping you for birth so you can prepare and make your own individual choices for birth.
What does Active Birth mean?
Simply, it means childbirth during which the mother is encouraged to move around freely and assume any position which feels comfortable.
During this workshop we discuss:
- Evidence based active birth education
- Knowing your choices in birth
- How and when to ask questions
- Stages of birth
- Hypnobirthing and relaxation techniques to release fear and gain confidence
- Breathing techniques to help you remain calm
- Birth interventions and pain relief
- The important role of a birth partner
- Birth environment and its importance
- Learning about the natural process of labour and how to support it
- Active birth positions
- Massage and rebozo techniques
- Golden hour after birth and your choices
After the workshop you will receive a pack including follow up notes, birth plan templates, hypnobirthing relaxation downloads, and your own whatsapp group to connect with other members of your workshop as well as ongoing support from me. I look forward to welcoming you to your workshop, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or would like further information, I am here to support you now and when your baby is here.
This workshop works well as a stand alone course but also works well besides our Embrace Pregnancy and Birth Class.